At the July session of our 2022 Our Lady of the Angels Provincial Chapter, our friars again elected Fr. Jobe Abbass, OFM Conv. for another four-year term as Province Delegate for the Marian Apostolate. In that capacity, he hopes to continue promoting devotion to the Immaculate Conception by way of a number of initiatives.
Mark Your Calendars!
Following the success of our province’s first annual pilgrimage, to the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. (April 2022), Our Lady of the Angels Province friars will sponsor the Second Annual Franciscan Pilgrimage to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, in Washington D.C., on Saturday, April 29, 2023. We hope this will become an annual, fraternal gathering and celebration, looking forward to being together with you to honor the Immaculate Conception, patroness of the United States and our Order. Gather your family, friends or group and meet Friar Jobe there, ready to begin the day together. Be sure to arrive well before the 11:00 a.m. WORDS OF WELCOME so you (or your group) will be able to find parking. (Info on the Basilica)
- 11.00 a.m. – WORDS OF WELCOME from the Very Rev. Michael Heine, OFM Conv., Provincial of Our Lady of the Angels Province and Msgr. Vito Buonanno, Director of Pilgrimages at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, D.C.
- 11.30 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. – LUNCH TIME
- 1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m. – CONFERENCE “Behold Your Mother” (Rev. James McCurry, OFM Conv.)
- 2.00 p.m. – 2.30 p.m. – COMMUNAL PRAYER
- 2.30 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. – EUCHARISTIC LITURGY and CLOSING
- 3.30 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. – FREE TIME (There is a scheduled Vigil Mass at 4.30 p.m. The Basilica closes at 6.00 p.m.)
~ August 19-29, 2023, the friars will again lead a pilgrimage to Marian Shrines in Europe. This year we will travel to the most important Holy Shrines in England and Scotland, including attending a performance of the renowned Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. The well-planned program promises to be an unforgettable experience. Information and Registration Flier.
~ Finally, in the Fall of 2023 and continuing for three years, Friar Jobe will be carrying out a tour of all the pastoral sites of Our Lady of the Angels Province. He will be highlighting and comparing the lives of three contemporary Polish saints in relation to the Immaculate Mother of God: St. Maximilian M. Kolbe, OFM Conv., St. Faustina Kowalska, OLM and Pope St. John Paul II. Invoking their intercession and blessing for the tour, he will be accompanied by first-class relics of these saints. The schedule of dates for the ministry site visits will be finalized over the next few months. More information will follow.