In Great Britain and Ireland our friars of Our Lady of the Angels’ Custody of Blessed Agnellus of Pisa are known as the Greyfriars. Our Order’s first presence there began when St. Francis of Assisi sent them in 1224. During the English Reformation, our friars loyal to the Holy Father were forced to flee. Although the Greyfriars returned in the early 20th Century, this year marks another historical milestone.
Please visit www.thegreyfriars.org to read the Latest News on our brothers serving in the Blessed Agnellus of Pisa Custody, under the jurisdiction of Our Lady of the Angels Minister Provincial, the Very Reverend Fr. James McCurry, OFM Conv.