Many friars of our province are in attendance and entering the 3rd week of the 201st Order of Friars Minor Conventual Extraordinary General Chapter. Friars from all over the world are meeting during this five week event being held Southeast of Rome, in Nemi Italy.
- A member of the Minister General’s Definitory, serving the Order as Assistant General for the CFF, is Friar Jude Winkler, OFM Conv. (follow link to view his daily presentation videos).
- One of 28 Minister Provincials from around the world, the Friar James McCurry, OFM Conv., our Minister Provincial is in attendance. (Friar Michael Zielke, OFM Conv. who is also of our province but serving as Minister Provincial for the St. Bonaventure Province is also in attendance.)
- Our two Custos are included among the 18 Provincial Custos representing Provincial Custodies: Friar Ronaldo Gomes da Silva, OFM Conv. (Provincial Custody of the Immaculate Conception of the B.V.M – Brazil) and Friar Ciprian Budau, OFM Conv. (Provincial Custody of Blessed Agnellus of Pisa – Great Britain/Ireland).
- Serving as two of the 25 Provincial Delegates are Friar Jobe Abbass, OFM Conv. and Friar Timothy Kulbicki, OFM Conv. are on hand. Friar Tim also serves as Secretary General of the Chapter.
- Two of the 12 Interpreters serving the friar participants are Friar Julio Martinez, OFM Conv. (ESP-ENG-ITA) and Friar Vincent Rubino, OFM Conv. (ENG-ESP).
- In addition, two friars from other provinces who serve in our province are also working as Interpreters, Friar Marek Wilk, OFM Conv. (POL-ESP) & Friar Piotr Tymko, OFM Conv. (POL-ENG), who are both of the of the Polish Province of St. Anthony and Bl. James of Strepar.
Keep in your prayers these and all of the Franciscan Friars Conventual from around the world, who are spending these five weeks in prayerful fraternity, meeting to discuss the Constitutions of the Order, promoting the prophetic vision, the mission, and the significance of Conventual Franciscan religious life in the Church and in today’s world.
From the Event’s Liturgy of the Hours:
Lord, strength of living things
God immutable, eternal,
you mark the rhythms of the world:
the days, the centuries, the time.
Fill the evening with your light,
which rises beyond death,
to the splendor of the heavens,
to become a day without sunset.
Praise be to the Father Most High
to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
now and ever shall be. Amen